Base document in POP Activity Guide
Full acceptation of foreign people into the society in a country. Or full adaptation of foreign people to the society they live in.
How Assimilation Works
Assimilation is judged per POP everyday. When conditions are met and certain period has passed, assimilation will happen. Consider there is a sandglass for each POP subject of assimilation. When all sand has dropped, the POP is assimilated. Sand is refilled when you restart a saved game or ownership of the province changes. Also, the falling process can be halted by various reason.
When assimilation is triggered, the POP subject of assimilation will turn into a state culture POP who believes in state religion. In case of nations with more than one state culture, the first culture (shown in the left corner) is applied.
If there is a state culture POP of the same type or some POPs of the same type are assimilated at the same time, and the assimilated POP is smaller than 10K, they'll merge and form a new POP as long as the resulting POP is not larger than 100K.
All non-culture POPs are subject of assimilation regardless of type, culture, religion etc.
All appropriate POPs can be assimilated at the same moment.
Assimilation never happens in colonies.
Assimilation can happen at all provinces owned by a nation, even if a province is occupied by an enemy nation.
Assimilation won't happen while POP size is decreasing due to migration/emigration.
A POP which size exceeds certain number won't be assimilated. The restriction - assimilation cap - is determined by six factors. The exact number is listed at the end of this section.
POPs of low social classes are more likely to be assimilated.
POPs that are assigned/employed to RGOs/factories are more likely to be assimilated.
POPs are more likely to be assimilated if their religion is the same with state religion.
POPs are more likely to be assimilated if minority policy of the ruling party is more generous.
POPs are more likely to be assimilated if they live in provinces on American continent. POPs are less likely to be assimilated if they live in provinces on European continent.
USA tag grants a nation the ability to assimilate larger POPs.
ASSIMILATION CAP TABLE
As described, the assimilation cap is determined by six factors. If the size of a POP is equal or larger than the cap, the POP won't be assimilated.
The duration you have to wait before assimilation happens varies from about a month to over 4 months if conditions are met and no factor suspends the process. You might experience one-day assimilation when suspended process is restarted by some reason.
POP size Smaller POPs are assimilated faster than larger ones. If POP size exceeds assimilation cap, the process is suspended.
Type POPs of lower social class are assimilated faster than higher ones.
Assginment Assigned POPs are assimilated faster than unassigned ones.
Dominance of Culture Assimilation triggers only for cultures that have smaller population than national culture in the given province. For example if you have 45% culture A, 35% national culture N and 20% culture B only culture B will be a subject of assimilation in the first go. After assimilation is triggered you may have 55% national culture N and 45% culture A. Now culture A will be a subjest of assimilation.
Minority Policies Minority policy of the ruling party affects speed of assimilation. POPs will be assimilated fastest under full citizenship.
Country Tag USA tag grants a nation the ability to assimilate POPs faster.
The Secrets of Assimilation
If you dream of giving your country Great Power status, and at the same time achieving a culturally homogeneus empire, then these secrets are for you. First of all, in order to profit from the best assimilation bonuses, create your own political party in the folder db/parties. Some would consider it cheating, but a game like victoria is not fully enjoyable if you dont have the power to choose exactly what political trends make your government, and many countries lack a full citizenship party.
1) The first step is to prepare your country for an unconstitutional monarchy. How to do this? become a constitutional monarchy, put reactionnaries in power, take away voting rights, and choose the party with full citizenship
2) Raise taxes to eliminate middle and rich classes. You may raise rich taxes from time to time in order to industrialize in such a way as to continue with colonisation.
I usually play with countries such as spain, as they have a nice ammount of national culture, which is essential for attaining primary culture and statehood in colonies.
3) Chose a departure point for your colonists. Preferably one with a factory already built in it. You may close it to allow faster pop migrations. Delete all other factories in the metropolis and start making craftsmen all over the country. They will then come to work in the factory, and you can transform them in laborers/farmers to overspill the RGO. Check if your colonists are going towards your colonies, which they usually do.
By making this, you can achieve (with spain for exemple) statehood for both cuba and philippines, before the liberal revolution breaks out!
4) Bring the natives to the true faith! In phillipines, for exemple, you can achieve this by leaving a catholic philippine labourer/farmer and converting all sunni philipines in clergy or clerks. They will de-evolve because of taxes and be merged with the catholic philippines. Much easier to convert to good spanish pops!
5) When national culture becomes the strongest in a province, you can start assimilating other cultures. How? Turn them into clergy/clerks, with 100 substantial goods, and around 50-60% everyday goods. They will start de-evolving really slow, giving enough time for them to be assimilated.
With this techniques, ive been able to grant statehood before 1845 to cuba and the phillipines, and completely eliminate philippine culture from the phillipines by 1870, encouraging even more colonisation in order to grant statehoods in annam-cambodge.
Problems With these techniques
-Requires a fair ammount of money to play with populations in order to get them emigrating/immigrating -You cannot have middle or rich classes populations... But who would want to leave the metropolis if they have a good life there?
Feel free to update and change the article.