How can I get Victoria to run in windowed mode?
You can play VIC in windowed mode (rather than in full-screen) following the instructions below.
- Back up Victoria.exe in case it won't work well.
- Open Victoria.exe with a hex(binary) editor.
- Move to the certain address(see below) and edit the byte value from 0x00 to 0x01.
- Save the change.
- Make sure you run your Windows on high(16bit) color mode.
- Enjoy playing VIC on window mode.
- The sequence of bytes to search for is 00 00 00 00 8B 55 08 89
- Change the first 00 to 01
- The address would vary between versions.
- The sequence of bytes may be different in some non-English versions (e.g. Spanish)
- If your Victoria.exe is patched by other mods which make the program larger or smaller, the address for this mod might be changed as well.
- You need to place your mouse cursor outside the game window to scroll main map.
- If you're reluctant to patch the program file by yourself or using non-English version, try Generalized Screen Switch (PSSwitch) instead. (see Utilities)
- 1.03 0x001DE8A1
- 1.03b 0x001DEA81
- 1.03c 0x001DE398
- 1.04 0x001D95B8
- Revolutions 2.01 0x0020A2D8